meinEnigma kit – Complete
300$ – 350$
- CAD: $ 390 - $ 455
Highlights of the functions:
- Full emulation of several enigma models like M3(army,Air force), M4(Submarine), more are planned like Norway(post war), Swiss and so on.
- Physical size and position of rotors, lamps, keys and plugboard within a few millimeters of original (=as far as information can be found)
- Ring setting, stepping, double stepping (including the exception when starting at a notch), plugboard all implemented as original.
- Sound effects from original enigma
- Possible to save up to 14 user configuration plus current config saved whenever turned off
- Emergency reset-to-factory-defaults red button – to wipe your settings when someone try to peek on it.
- Configurable by physically move around things (rotate wheels, connect cables) as well as over usb (serial) port.
- Can encrypt/decrypt from physical keyboard as well as serial port.
- Encrypted/decrypted character shown on lampboard and serial port.
- Can send encrypted code in morsecode
- Designed for modding, several small features that makes it easy to put it in a real case and do other modifications to it.
- Kit includes schematics
- Source code for the firmware is licensed under GPL3 and available on github
- When not used it can be set to show time
- More to come
Alert me when it is back in stock
Already 10 persons shown interest.
* 5 kits = 5% off
* 10 kits= 10% off
This is an electronic replica of the famous WWII enigma machine that was used by the Germans to encrypt a lot of their communications.
The kit includes manuals, mainboard, lamp and key board and the plugboard, and all the components needed to put it together.
NOTE – this is a kit that need to be soldered together before it can be used.
You have two variants of this kit:
- Hybrid: The three components that are surface mounted (SMD/SMT) comes unsoldered so you need to solder them on. All other components are through-hole and with that easier to solder on.
- Through-hole: the three components that are surface mounted (SMD/SMT) are already soldered on and tested and due to that cost a bit more. All other components are through-hole.
NOTE: This variant is made to order which means shipping may take a few days.
(It used to be a SMD only version but that is no longer offered)
|Dimensions||31 × 24 × 9 cm|
Hybrid SMD+Through-hole, SMD, Through-hole
Very good kit Also the manual very clear presented.Just one minor remark that I was missing one component
For those of you looking for a challenge to test your electronic skills this is awesome to experience a piece of WW II history and to build your own Enigma machine. Due to my current schedule I have not yet begun to assemble it but I have carefully checked all the components and they are of the highest quality. I am looking forward to getting into the build but that will have to wait for a bit. Thank-you to Mein Enigma for providing a great project.
I like the instructions. They are fairly easy to follow. The kit looks complete. I might have added a drawing of how to build a case... I have built about 35% of the kit so I don' know if it works yet. Maybe ask me again in a couple of months.
I'm a 76 year old who was able to build the device in a month or so. I had a few problems mostly involving the SMD chips (surface mounted devices)
as they are small with 28 solder points that are difficult to do correctly. With the help of the schematics and Peter was able to debug the few problems I had and it is fully functioning now to my delight. It is very flexible and I hope to work on the firmware in the future after building a box for enclosure.