meinEnigma kit – Complete
300$ – 350$
- CAD: $ 390 - $ 455
Highlights of the functions:
- Full emulation of several enigma models like M3(army,Air force), M4(Submarine), more are planned like Norway(post war), Swiss and so on.
- Physical size and position of rotors, lamps, keys and plugboard within a few millimeters of original (=as far as information can be found)
- Ring setting, stepping, double stepping (including the exception when starting at a notch), plugboard all implemented as original.
- Sound effects from original enigma
- Possible to save up to 14 user configuration plus current config saved whenever turned off
- Emergency reset-to-factory-defaults red button – to wipe your settings when someone try to peek on it.
- Configurable by physically move around things (rotate wheels, connect cables) as well as over usb (serial) port.
- Can encrypt/decrypt from physical keyboard as well as serial port.
- Encrypted/decrypted character shown on lampboard and serial port.
- Can send encrypted code in morsecode
- Designed for modding, several small features that makes it easy to put it in a real case and do other modifications to it.
- Kit includes schematics
- Source code for the firmware is licensed under GPL3 and available on github
- When not used it can be set to show time
- More to come
This is an electronic replica of the famous WWII enigma machine that was used by the Germans to encrypt a lot of their communications.
The kit includes manuals, mainboard, lamp and key board and the plugboard, and all the components needed to put it together.
NOTE – this is a kit that need to be soldered together before it can be used.
You have three variants of this kit:
- Through-hole: the three components that are surface mounted (SMD/SMT) are already soldered on and tested and due to that cost a bit more. All other components are through-hole.
NOTE: This variant is made to order which means shipping may take a few days.
- SMD: This version contain SMD components wherever possible so it’s for people that are a little more experienced with soldering.
- Hybrid: The three components that are surface mounted (SMD/SMT) comes unsoldered so you need to solder them on. All other components are through-hole and with that easier to solder on.
|Dimensions||31 × 24 × 9 cm|
Hybrid SMD+Through-hole, SMD, Through-hole