Kit #55 working

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you so much for all your support. The kit is working. I am currently troubleshooting some small issues where the enigma seems to stall. Will be testing the arduino the coming days. I learned so much! Thanks.

me2016
      Keymaster

Good you got it to work, and during this I guess you learned a lot about how things work – both electronics and software wise.

I’m curious as to the stall issue so please report back what that is all about.

Anonymous
      Inactive
      This reply has been marked as private.
      me2016
      Keymaster
      Anonymous
      Inactive
      me2016
      Keymaster
      Anonymous
      Inactive

With new firmware (1.08) system runs very slow. When pressing ‘K’ right after start the system is really fast again. System in general does nog produce sound from the speaker anymore. The buzzer works fine. It is the general sound that gives the problem. Would an error with the hardware speaker also pose a problem in speed of the arduino?

me2016
      Keymaster

Very slow, no sound, fast after disabling sound. That all points to problem with the sound board, it sends the command to play the sound but never get the “done” signal so it time out.

Did it ever work ?
      Check connections around the sound board, make sure the BUSY connection is ok (see schematic).
      Make sure the microsd card is properly installed.
      If you remove the sound module it will probably run fast directly and the serial will say something about no sound board.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Without the sound module it works like a charm.
      It used to work well until before the upgrade to 1.08.

Busy connection is ok.

Arduino D9 – Soundmodule RX no connection
      Arduino D8 – Soundmodule TX no connection

Resoldering also does not fix the problem

Direct connection is no option I think because they run through R119 and R120, right?

me2016
      Keymaster

Don’t remember what changes that where done exactly for v1.08 (and I’m not checking) but one thing that was recently done was to change order of things a little so a standalone arduino works a little better. Don’t know how that would have impacted you but apparently it did.

Yes, R119/120 are on the lines and that is possible why it’s no connection. You need to measure from sound module to R119/120, then from other side of resistor to arduino D8/D9.
      Start with resoldering the resistors, then move on to measure it.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Archives