Kit #159 No LED or Hex Display

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      mikefoxnz
      Participant

I completed the kit and all the buttons work, speaker works, encoding works but no LEDs or Hex Display apart from a flash on power on.

None of the example software works except for Seg 16 which gave a series of graphic symbols in the left Hex display.

I have replaced the ht16k33 and the Arduino which I uploaded supplied software. No change in results.

A friend did some Arduino code and all the LEDs work. The HEX display have some funny symbols.

Can anyone help. Thanks Mike

me2016
      Keymaster

It has been a few reports of same issue as you. I did solder together a L&K board and reproduced the problem so not I can do some troubleshooting. I have ordered replacement ht16k33 but it will take some time to get here.
      See https://meinenigma.com/forums/topic/troubleshooting-ht16k33/ for more info.

mikefoxnz
      Participant

I replaced the ht16k33 with a ht16k33A from Aliexpress and the LEDs and Hex display work. So everything is working but it stops after about 50 seconds.
      If it’s put back to off mode then it works for another 50 seconds. I have tried 3 ways to power but not solved.
      Any suggestions. Mike

mikefoxnz
      Participant

I have solved the problem of stopping after about 50 seconds. I had removed the clock module when trying to fix the original problem. After re-installing it, it does not stop anymore. Strange but at least it’s working now.

me2016
      Keymaster

Interesting regarding the sound module. No clue why it would die after 50 seconds, may have to look in to that.

mikefoxnz
      Participant

You mentioned the Sound Module but it was the Clock module I had not installed.

me2016
      Keymaster

Right, the clock module. I was thinking sound since that is commonly removed.
      I now got a batch of ht16k33 so I’m going to steal time to work on that soon.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Archives